Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Resolution

Happy New Year!  I hope this finds you healthy, happy and ready to take on the year!

I typically don’t do New Year’s Resolutions.  It seems like it’s always about something I know I should do but just don’t do it ... and then it feels like I fail.  But this year, I’m making one .. sort of.  Let me explain.

For some reason, I’ve been thinking that my online business should just be an extension of my craft shows, my business cards, my offline efforts....without really doing anything to make it happen online.  I can’t really explain just why this was my thinking.  A few weeks ago, my online sales were discouraging and a decision needed to be made whether I would continue or whether I’d give up.  In my “real” life, I’m actually quite shy ... I struggle with all kinds of insecurities when I’m around people... and if I depended on face time with people, it might not happen.  But the virtual world is my domain .... I can be Superwoman here ... and Superwoman doesn’t give up!

SO ... I’ve been doing some reading and some research.  Not sure if I’ve got it locked down yet, but there is a direction, a plan in place.  And not sure if one could really say it’s a “resolution” ... I’ve never put this much advance planning into a resolution.  It’s certainly going to be a ride!  Come ride with me!!

0 comments: