Friday, January 4, 2013

What's New

Ok.  Admittedly it's been a while since I posted.  This past year has been filled with many changes, and there have been some tough moments.  I'm a very private person ... and wasn't prepared to share all that was going on.  But I can give you some highlights now.

After 18 years in full time Christian work, God "closed the door" on our ministry.  It was not a change we sought, and frankly, it was not a change we were prepared for ... spiritually, emotionally or financially.  But God wasn't abandoning us ... just moving us.  He opened the door for my husband (a guy in his late 50's) to find a good job.  In this economy, that pretty much qualifies as a miracle.  We haven't owned a house in 16 years and were not prepared to buy one ... but some wonderful friends came along side and made it possible.  On November 1, we once again became homeowners!  It's a fixer upper and it will be a bit yet before we can move in ... and I'll try to share from time to time some of the challenges and changes.  After considering Michigan "home" my whole life, we now live in Wisconsin.  Much to the dismay of our local friends, we have not become Packer Backers or Badger fans.  ;)

Perhaps the greatest joy of our year is the anticipation of grandchild #3, a boy, due in mid-February.  This is the first for our son and his wife.  Everything is going well in the pregnancy and we're on baby countdown.

One of the challenges in our move was finding WI craft shows for me to participate in.  Not all shows are created equal and it's taken some trial and error to find my niche.  As I write this, I'm trying to map out a plan for shows this year.  Last year, we moved too late to make the application deadlines for some of the shows I might be best suited for and we experimented with some of the shows we did ... so I have a list of shows I'd like to repeat that would cover about 2/3 of my show year and about 1/3 trying for shows I've never done.  We'll have to see how that works out ... and I'll be letting you know my schedule.

In keeping with my goal of taking a more proactive approach to my online business, I will also be offering specials and sales from time to time.  The first will be coming up Monday -- and it's a one day only sale -- so don't miss it!!  I'll be posting details late Sunday night .. get ready!!!

0 comments: